1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 1, 2012 10:18 AM by davidanders

Problem after doing Instant Web Publishing.(DB visible in browser in host pc but its not visible in...

sapa88

Title

Problem after doing Instant Web Publishing.(DB visible in browser in host pc but its not visible in client pc) Please Help.

Hi,

So far i have followed the complete procedure to publish my database using "instant web publish" and it allows me to view the database only in the Hosting computers web browser. And when i try to view it in a client pc (After authorising the ip address of that particular client) it says database is not connected. But i figured out that all client pc's are not connected under the same LAN (ie: Host pc is connected in "Local Area Connection 2" , Client pc is connected in "Local area connection 6"). So is there anything to do with port forwarding so that we can assign one port for this particular server and interconnect all the LAN's? or else any other solution or suggestions? or should i contact the network admin?. I will list down the problem in point form so that whoever the person reads it will get it much more clear.

1. Instant web publishing done exactly the way it says in the user manual under port no 80.

2. assigned one ip address for other users.

3. typed the URL in browser using the hosting computer and it works.

4. typed the URL in broser using the client pc but it says database not connected.

5. checked with command prompt and figured out that all computers are not under the same LAN

i.e. : (ie: Host pc is connected in "Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection 2" , Client pc is connected in "Ethernet                        Adapter Local area connection 6").