8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2015 10:49 PM by philmodjunk

Problem limiting record views

CarlisleLandel

Title

Problem limiting record views

I'm currently using FMP12, in a server environment.  I want to limit the views of certain records so that a user can only see his or her records.  This works fine when they are looking at the respective tables.  However, I've got a problem with portals, in that although portal records can be created, they disappear from view after the data are committed.

Here are some details.  I've got two tables, one called "Timecards" and one called "BilledTime".  Each has a pair of fields, Date and EmployeeID, that serve as the key for a relationship that allows creation of records in BilledTime.  In addition, record views are limited by EmployeeID, which is captured as a global variable.  On a Timecard Layout, there is a portal to BilledTime, and as usual an employee can enter portal records that capture a project ID and the number of hours spent on that project.  So far, so good.

If the user looks at the records in Timecards or BilledTime, he will only see his own records.  However, and this is my problem, when records are viewed in the Timecard layout with the portal, once that record is committed, the portal shows nothing, even though the records exist in BilledTime.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something here?