AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem Making Grade Book

Question asked by DavidFreeman on Jul 10, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 11, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Problem Making Grade Book

Hi.  I have been using filemaker for a little while but have been learning on the fly because I get so busy.  Our grading has changed so I am trying to make a new grade book for my iPad.  One of the things that I am trying to improve upon is to get a field that totals the number of occurrences from my attendance fields that occur.

Example:  If Student is absent then "AB" would be selected from the pull down that the value list the field is associated with.  Or, if a student was tardy, "T" would be selected.  I want to be able to have an active count of all the different occurences to track attendance and behaivior.  

I have taken snap shots of what it looks like.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong.  I have tried different combinations.  I watched lynda.com videos to help myself learn the program and it said that you can have an either or result but it doesn't work when I  Case ( Week1Day1 = "AB" ; AbsentCount + 1; AbsentCount + 0 )  So if another option is chosen like "T" or because there was an entry error, it still adds +1.

Hope this makes sense?

Thank you for your time and help.

Dave

FM_Problem.jpg

Outcomes