AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem running supposedly compatible script with IWP

Question asked by MichaelMoul on Aug 8, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 9, 2012 by MichaelMoul

Title

Problem running supposedly compatible script with IWP

Hi,

I've written a project management database for the high school newspaper that I advise to track articles through the writing process.  I'm having a problem running one of the scripts over Instant Web Publishing.  Filemaker is telling me that all of the script steps are compatible with IWP, so I'm stumped as to why it isn't working.

The script is accessed through a button on a layout called "Article Information," which references the "Articles" table.  There's a portal on that layout that accesses a related table called "Notes."  This portal allows a user to leave a note about the progress of the article, and also records the user that created that particular note, as well as the date and time of creation.  The fields in the Notes table are SerialNumber, ArticleID (which is the field that relates to the article table), Name, Date and Time.  The script is designed to create a new record in the notes table, assign the user's name to Name, and the current date and time to the Date and Time fields.

The code for the script looks like this:

Set Variable [$ArticleNumber; Value:Articles::zzArticleID]

Go To Layout ["Notes" (Notes)]

Set Field [Notes::Name; $$FullUserName]  #This variable is set by a startup script also compatible with IWP

Set Field [Notes::Date; Get(CurrentDate)]

Set Field [Notes::Time; Get(CurrentTime)]

Sort Records [Restore, No Dialog]   #This step sorts the table in descending order of time; recent on top

Go To Layout [original layout]

The script works fine when I run it on the desktop version of Filemaker Pro 12, but doesn't work with on IWP.  Frustratingly, it USED to work on IWP.  It stopped working when I stopped hosting the database on my MacBook Pro, and switched over to a PC.

Anyone have any ideas why the script no longer works?  Or if something else might be causing the problem?

Thanks very much!

Michael

Outcomes