AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem w/Value Lists

Question asked by kbbs on Nov 24, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2013 by kbbs

Title

Problem w/Value Lists

Hi -

I'm creating a special layout for a data summary table that needs to look a certain way, and which I will turn into a PDF for export.  I've assigned a value list as a drop down menu in one field (15 choices) that will appear in the first column of this table, which is working well.  Upon selection of one of the 15 items I need another field in the second column to autopopulate with a specified value based on a formula.  This too is so far working well.  However, I've only been able to get this working for one row in my table.  When I copy and paste field with value list, and then exit layout mode to try and use it, I can choose an alternate value from the list without a problem but it changes the first field to the same thing I'm now assigning in my second field. 

Does anyone know a way around this?  Also, is there a way to use a drop down list to select an item, and then write a script to prompt "Do you want to add another row to this table?" so that when the user selects yes, they get to keep selecting items until the table is complete?  Sort of like a macro in MS Word would do?

Thanks-

K

Outcomes