2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2011 10:52 AM by SarahMiller

Problem with "==" Match entire field

SarahMiller

Title

Problem with "==" Match entire field

Hi There!

I'm new the forum so I would deeply appreciate any help with my problem! I've recently started to notice that when I add "==" to a search query File Maker Pro 11v3 quickly informs me that there is no match.  However, that is impossible as the field automatically fills itself in as I type and once it comes up with the correct information, I stop typing.  

For example, since I am working with a photographer collector, I start typing in "Nick Nixon" and once I get to Nick, File Make Pro fills in the rest for me.  However, when I enter in a search query for "Nick Nixon==" it tells me that I there was nothing matching my query, even though in the database there are at least 20 photographs appropriately labeled with "Nick Nixon" as the photographer. 

This is important because I have some fields with "(Nick Nixon)" and some fields without the parentheses these mean two different things.  So, when I search for "Nick Nixon==" it means that I do not want "(Nick Nixon)" included.

I'm so sorry for the long post, but I'm curious if anyone else has dealt with a similar problem? I tried checking for updates, but apparently I'm all up to date, is there something else that I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give,

SarahPP