4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2010 12:08 PM by FrederikDeBuck

Problem with Excel Import

cbohm111

Title

Problem with Excel Import

I am having an issue I can't figure out. When I go to import or open from an Excel file, the last column does not show up. If I open up the Excel file and save it, all works fine.

Both Mac and PC, Office Mac and 2007, FM Pro 10 

• 1. Re: Problem with Excel Import
          TSGal

cbohm:

Thank you for your post.

Where does this Excel file originate?  I'm assuming it does not originate from Excel, because when you open and save it in Excel, the file imports correctly.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Problem with Excel Import
            cbohm111
               I did not even think of that, yes, it is being generated from our MIS system.
            • 3. Re: Problem with Excel Import
              TSGal

cbohm:

FileMaker Pro is somehow not recognizing the Excel file format your MIS system created.  Your current workaround appears to work correctly.  That is, open the file in Excel, don't make changes, save the file so that FileMaker can now recognize it.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Problem with Excel Import
                FrederikDeBuck

Hi,

I was having the same issue here: a generated excel file from our system did not import correctly in Filemaker Pro 11, the last column was also missing.

Opening the file in excel (or Open Office Calc in my case) and saving it without making any changes did solve the problem.

Somehow these automatically generated excel files seem to be missing something at the end...

Thanks for your post, it helped me a lot !

Frederik.