3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2014 8:52 AM by philmodjunk

Problem with fields reverting to old info

Penilorac

Title

Problem with fields reverting to old info

Hi,

Everything was working great before but now I am trying to change a field info and as soon as I change to another record and go back, the info reverted to the old one. The field options are in a popup menu. I am trying to change the option but it change back to the old choice.

Help!

I am working from FM Pro advanced, on a hosted Server file. Thanks!

• 1. Re: Problem with fields reverting to old info
          philmodjunk

Can't tell from your description why that might be happening. Can you describe the design of your layout in more detail? Are these fields located inside a portal, for example? A screen shot of your layout showing these fields while the layout is in layout mode may provide more info about this situation.

• 2. Re: Problem with fields reverting to old info
            Penilorac

I think it is a corrupted file problem. I was hosting it on a company and they had 2 crashes in 2 days. So I changed place but realized later that I lost about 100 photos which were in it. The photos were not linked so it should not have changed when I moved it but it did. I tried to change the info on some other records with the same layout and it worked. But those 2 records don't want to get edited.

• 3. Re: Problem with fields reverting to old info
              philmodjunk

Photos are inserted into container fields and if the container field has external storage specified or if the photos were inserted with the "Store a reference" option specified, moving a database file can prevent it from being able to access the inserted photos.

Beyond that, there is still not enough info to go on to suggest why you are getting the results that you report.