1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 10, 2009 8:39 AM by philmodjunk

problem with find function

ppsatlanta

Title

problem with find function

When trying to use the find function to search in a drop-down menu, only 3 of 4 drop-down values can be found.  Search for fourth drop-down value results in "no records found" when there are actually records that match that value.  Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: problem with find function
          philmodjunk

ppsatlanta wrote:

When trying to use the find function to search in a drop-down menu, only 3 of 4 drop-down values can be found.  Search for fourth drop-down value results in "no records found" when there are actually records that match that value.  Any suggestions?

It's hard to make suggestions without knowing more about your database and exactly how you performed your find.

Several possibilities:

The design of your layout and underlying tables/relationships may be fooling you into expecting a different result than you are actually getting.

• A field's format, for example can conceal information from view that creates the impression that the record should be found when it actually contains data that keeps it from matching the criteria.
          • Are you entering search criteria in a portal? That does not produce the results that all users expect.

There could be problems with your find request that is keeping the records from being found. Describe exactly, step by step, what you are doing.

Your file could, possibly be damaged. I wouldn't investigate this option until I've ruled out all other possibilities, but I've seen files where find and sort requests didn't produce the correct results until I either recovered the file or imported all the records into a clean back up clone of the file.