1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2009 8:52 AM by philmodjunk

Problem with report ( show only first row of my related contact)

techccaq

Title

Problem with report ( show only first row of my related contact)

Hello,

I have a table called customers and another one called related_customers.  In my layout, I have the possibility to add related contacts to customers table.  So, these contacts are created in the related_customers table.

Now, I would like to show that in report :

customers:FirstName customers:LastName related_customers:FirstName related_customers:LastName

I could only see the first contact but sometimes, I don't have any related contacts and we could also have 1 to 4 co-part for 1 part.

I know that we could use portal to show and it works.  But, I must defined the "number of rows" to show in report.  As I previously said, some customers have no related_customers and somes customers could have until 4 related_customers.

Do you have any idea how to do that ?

• 1. Re: Problem with report ( show only first row of my related contact)
          philmodjunk

Ordinarily, we'd base a list report on the related_customers table occurrence and use the relationship to add related fields from customers to a sub-summary part, but this would omit customers that don't have any related customers.

If you need the customers listed regardless of whether they do or do not have related customer records, use the portal, specify a very large number of portal rows, but then set the portal to slide up and "reduce the size of the enclosing part".  (See sliding/printing in the Format menu while in layout mode.)