2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2015 2:37 PM by hobbiesdeveloper

Problem with Reports Field Relationships *** URGENT ***

hobbiesdeveloper

Title

Problem with Reports Field Relationships *** URGENT ***

Hi,

I'm trying to create a new layout report with the "product_DIV_RETURNS" relationship, which shows up as a Report but keeps listing all my products and not just the Return field marked as "Yes". I would like to have this report show products with the Return field status of "Yes" but it keeps showing all the products.

Here is my  setup that i'm using.

Relationships Chart:

Product (Product Table) -> product_DIV_RETURNS (Product Table Copy)
      Relationship: Product::const_Yes (Calculation, from Product = "Yes") = product_DIV_RETURNS::DeadInventory_ReturnFlagged (Text, Indexed)

Layout: Report: Dead Inventory Returns Report
      Using Table: product_DIV_RETURNS

It shows all products, even if 99 percent of the products are not marked as Yes. I just need it to show products with the returnFlagged set as "Yes".

PLEASE HELP!

I have also noticed that if I added a portal with the product_DIV_RETURNS relationship selected under the "Show related records from" it will only show the Returns marked as "Yes", please let me know how come I can't use the relationship method for displaying reports that are filtered automatically using the relationship?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Problem with Reports Field Relationships *** URGENT ***
          philmodjunk

You are seeing all records because basing the layout on the product_DIV_RETURNS does not use that relationship to limit what records show anymore than if you based the layout on Product. The relationship only comes into play in a context where you have both table occurrences in use such as by placing a portal to product_DIV_RETURNS on a Product layout.

Options:

a) From a layout based on Product use a script with Go To Related Records to bring up the records that you want. You can refer to product_Div_Returns as your "table" in this script step and specify any layout based on any occurrence of Product to show the resulting found set. This found set can be just those records linked to the current Product record or for all product records in your found set.

b) perform a find on either the product or product_div_returns layout to bring up the desired found set.