Problem with Tables and Portal output
I have a database that had repeating fields that I wanted to remove and replace with a table relationship. Here is what I did;
1. Created table within Daily Internary DB called Daily Tasks.
2. I populated the new table Daily Tasks with 3 fields; 1) Daily Goal, 2) Daily Goal Complete, 3) Day ID.
3. I created a relationship between main table called Daily Itinerary and the new table called Daily Tasks via the Day ID field. The Day ID field is a number with a auto entry serial number in the Daily Itinerary table and it is just a number field in the Daily task table.
4. I checked "Allow Creation of records in this table via this relationship" on the Daily Task side.
5. Now I go to the Daily tasks layout where I create a portal with 10 lines. I then pull in 3 fields; 1) Daily Goal, 2) Daily Goal Complete, 3) Day ID on the first.
6. Now the problem is that when I go to create the first "record" line in the portal with a new task, it duplicates that task and Day ID number down through all the lines in the portal. I cannot figure out why this occuring. Typically with a relation, entering a new line in a portal will create a single new record in the relating table and NOT populate all the lines in the portal with the same input data as the first line. What is happening?
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
I have FMPro Advanced 11.0 v3
OS - Windows Vista on desktop, Windows 7 on laptop