0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2014 6:10 AM by JeffRay

Problems accessing modified database file on Mac OSX

JeffRay

Title

Problems accessing modified database file on Mac OSX

I access a database file on my server at work remotely through a wireless router connection.  Everyday I back up the database file from the server to my laptop primarily for read-only use at home.  This past weekend, I made some modifications to both layouts and records while at home and then copied the modified database file back to the server Monday morning.  The modified file on the server reflects the changes and I have noticed no problems in my normal use of it since. 

However, when I went to back up the database file from the server to my laptop Monday afternoon, I noticed that the "Modified" date stamp had not changed on the server copy in spite of the fact that we have modified records in the database.    I checked the server copy again this morning and the date stamp is still unchanged.

The other strange thing is that when viewed on the server directly, the "Last opened" date stamp for this file is "Monday, 6:16 PM" instead of "Monday 8:48AM" which is the date stamp shown when viewed on the server remotely.  (Why would the exact same file show one date stamp viewed directly and a different date stamp viewed remotely?)

I tried backing up the file from the server to a different folder on my laptop.  When I opened the copy, the changes were not there, even though I can see the changes when I view the original file on the server "remotely" from my laptop.  I need to be able to back up to my laptop, but can't seem to get a backup with the modified records.  What do I do?