The tables are Counsellor -< Client -< Session

One of the database tables is ‘Session’

This includes the fields

Session ID        (autonumber)

Date of Session    (date)

Time of session    (time)

Session notes        (text field)

(among other fields)

The Session Notes can be as long as she wants and I’m testing by putting a very long document in the field by cutting and pasting in the text.

She wants to be able to print the record (a single Session record) so I’ve made a simple layout containing those fields. But it never shows more than 1 page even if the Session Notes data is bigger than the field  layout ‘box’. 

How can I tell the layout that it should print as many pages as necessary to incorporate all the session notes 

(To be clear I’m assuming just one session record here)

FM2.png

• 1. Re: Problems creating a report with a very large text field
          philmodjunk

You can drag the boundary separating the footer from the body down to make it larger. Right now, it looks like the border of this field coincides with the border and that might cause a display issue.

But you might also want to replace this text field with a portal to a related records where multiple notes can be recorded as separate records. There are pros and cons with either approach, but with a portal, you can set up a list view layout based on the portal's table with data from your related sessions table included in sub summary layout parts.