AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems Creating Member Search Database

Question asked by krislynch on May 18, 2010
Latest reply on May 19, 2010 by comment_1

Title

Problems Creating Member Search Database

Hello:

WHAT I'M USING:

I'm not exactly new to databases, but this is my first time setting one up through FileMaker Pro. I'm a new FileMaker Pro 11 user on the Snow Leopard Mac OS.

MY EXPERIENCE:

My prior database experience has been with SQL databases using MS Access, but I didn't really set it up from scratch - just administered to the updates by importing new versions of the XLS data, running through some processing and uploading the new MDB file via FTP. I also helped with setting up the PHP pages and although I'm hardly an expert, I can manage.

WHAT I NEED TO DO:

I have a membership database currently containing about 40 records. There are about 10 fields per record - name and contact information. I want to post this information on an existing web site (new page) and include a search field. I will need to style the new page to match the existing pages.

The database does not need to be 2-way and I don't want/expect visitors to touch the live database or modify it. The database will occasionally need to be updated and exported and uploaded.

I've looked at the documentation but it's really confusing me. It seems like it should be less complicated than what I'm seeing there.

Could someone please give me the basic steps to take to accomplish this? I need to get this done yesterday (literally) so I'm becoming frustrated.

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes