0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2010 12:34 PM by sportyguy209

Problems exporting a .0 value after a whole number from a combined text output field.

sportyguy209

Title

Problems exporting a .0 value after a whole number from a combined text output field.

I have data in Excel that I am importing into FM. Some of the values are "8.0" in Excel. (Using the latest versions of both for the Mac)

In FM I have created a number field for that data and have FM calculate to round one place on import.

I have also formatted that field on my FM layout as a decimal number with one decimal place.

The data appears to be correct in FM..."8.0".

When I export from FM as a comma-separated text file, using the option to maintain FM formatting, the data comes out correctly..."8.0".

However, I have created a FM text field which combines text with data through calculation from a number of fields. In that combined output field I have fields for different html tags, fields for my FM data, etc. In the combined FM field when I export the data, it creates a perfect html table except I lose my decimal place and zero.

For example, my combined output field might look like the following:

<td align="center">

<br /> FM Field Here</td>

<td align="center"><br />

FM Field Here</td>

<td align="center"><br />

FM Field Here</td>

How do I get FM to give me my .0 values in this combined field?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA