2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2011 9:04 AM by EricFrankson

Problems Importing/Exporting Container Field Files

EricFrankson

Title

Problems Importing/Exporting Container Field Files

Howdy,

I've been dragging and dropping PDFs into a container field I have in one of my FileMaker databases for many many months.  I was using a PC up until about a month ago when I was traveling on business and using my personal MacBook Pro with a Mac version of the same FileMaker software.  I moved the database file over to my MacBook to take with me and for some reason it will not allow me to drag-and-drop PDFs (or any file for that matter) in the aforementioned same container fields.

Too, existing PDFs that I had imported previously won't open either when i double-click on them. I can right-click and import but then it, again, won't let me open the file.

I've recently converted to a Mac at work and same problem.  I've also moved the same file back to the PC and the importing/opening works fine.

Both Macs are running Snow Leopard 10.6.7 with FileMaker Pro 11 (both with all recent updates). PC is running Windows 7 with FileMaker Pro 11 as well.

I would love it if anyone has any suggestions (other than continuing to use the PC) as I'm at my wits end.

Many thanks,

Eric