2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2011 7:48 AM by FarfelKnabe

Problems sorting on Dates in a Report?

FarfelKnabe

Title

Problems sorting on Dates in a Report?

Hi all,

I have made a Report, where I get Dates from one table and Titles from another table. In the relationship between the two tables I can assign multiple values for Dates in the Titles table. The problem I have is when I have one of those accurances when I have a post in the Title table with multiple dates - then the Report is only showing the oldest Date.

I am filtering the Report on Titles only in September of 2011 (ca 20 of them) and a few of those, as mentioned, have already an older Date assigned. And it is that older Date that is visible in the Report layout.

So the sorting is getting messed up, showing first the oldest, out of September, and then about half of the posts is in the right order, the rest is not!

Is there some special rules when it comes to adding fields from related tables in the Report layout?

(The Dates are viewing dates when I watch a particular Title in my collection of Movies and TV series.)

/Andreas

• 1. Re: Problems sorting on Dates in a Report?
          philmodjunk

If you do not specify a sort order, then the unsorted order to your records will be the order in which the records were created.

I don't know if your report is listing these viewing dates in a portal or if your report layout is based on the viewing dates table. Either way, this is true, but how you sort the records by date will be different.

If your report layout is based on the viewing dates table (this is the most flexible way to set up such a report), simply sort your records by the viewing date field.

If your records are listed ina portal to viewing dates, use the portal sort order setting in Portal Setup... to specify this same order.

• 2. Re: Problems sorting on Dates in a Report?
            FarfelKnabe

Phil,

thanks that whas it - I had based the report on the "wrong" table, so now I created a new report based on the "right" table, and now it works :)

Thanks

/Andreas