2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2013 10:15 AM by BenyPitrowskyJunior

Problems when finding date range

BenyPitrowskyJunior

Title

Problems when finding date range

Gentlemen

I've tried to use the script described on 

How to Write a Script that Finds a Range of Dates in FileMaker Pro

How do I write a script that finds a range of dates in FileMaker Pro?

Answer ID: 5912 Last Updated: Oct 18, 2012 06:26 AM PDT

But when running the script, on the records that shows up as results, I have some of them out of the range and some of the ones that is on the range does not show up... 

Any idea?

Thanks!

Beny.

• 1. Re: Problems when finding date range
          philmodjunk

Is the field you are searching on, a field of type date or a field of type text?

This method requires using a field of type date.

If that doesn't resolve the issue try posting the exact script that you have created.

To post a script to the forum:

1.           You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
          3.           You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here.
          5.           If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          7.           If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format. (Use the HTML option on the database tab panel and click "Source" in the Post A Answer tool bar to paste the text into the forum's HTML editor.)
          • 2. Re: Problems when finding date range
            BenyPitrowskyJunior

Solved! 

I did not realize the field type was wrong! Thanks!!