AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems with Charts/relationships

Question asked by JamesRussell on Jan 19, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 20, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Problems with Charts/relationships

Hi 

I think this is more of a relationship problem than a charting issues.  But here is where I am having problems.

I am building a database to measure vehicle fuel consumption on historical data and then new data after trails of different conditions.  My Goal is to chart any increase in fuel consumtion of these two conditions

So far the db is very simple I have tables

Vehicles

Data

I have a link table with global fields "yes" and "no" for relationships if the data was historical or after the trail had started.

So my relations ships are

1) Vehicles Historical

pKeyvehicles (in the Vehicles Table) = fKeyVehicles (in my link Data table)

THEN

fKeyVehicles (in my link data table) = fKeyVehicles (in my final Data table) AND gNo=Traildata (which is a yes/no field)

This creates the data only for historical data where the yes/no Trail data field is set to "no" (i.e. it is historical and NOT trial data)

2) Vehicles Trial

pKeyvehicles (in the Vehicles Table) = fKeyVehicles (in my link Data table)

THEN

fKeyVehicles (in my link data table) = fKeyVehicles (in my final Data table) AND gYES=Traildata (which is a yes/no field)

This creates the data only for trail data

I have managed to create two portals which reports performance for each vehicle  1) historical data and 2) during  the trail.  I have also managed to create two charts for 1) Historical data 2) Trial data.

My problem is  that I want to create a comparison graph which shows BOTH sets of data each as a line graph showing the improvment in performance.

I know this is a simple relationship issue, but I can't get my head around it.  

Help Please!!

relationship.png

Outcomes