4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2010 4:47 PM by davidanders

Problems with database after posted to IWP

Shoreline

Title

Problems with database after posted to IWP

Hi,

I've posted my database to IWP but now none of my buttons that trigger a script work.

How do I get my scripts to work? How do I trigger them?

Im working on FM Adv 11, windows.

• 1. Re: Problems with database after posted to IWP
          ryan

Some script steps are not Web Compatible.  In Scriptmaker, you'll notice a box you can check off to "Indicate Web Compatibility".

Can you post an example of one the scripts that is not working properly?

• 2. Re: Problems with database after posted to IWP
            Shoreline

I have since discovered that drop down, i've played around with my scripts.

My biggest problem is printing. How can I open a new window so that someone can print it manually?

Enter Browse Mode[]

Set Variable [$ShipmentID; Value:Shipping::Shipping_ID]

New Window (VIRTUAL WINDOW ON WEB)

Go to Layout ['Shipment Booking Form"(Shipping)]

It goes to my form that I want to print but then I dont know how to get back to my original layout.

Another thing that I have noticed is that, I have alot of drop down lists on my form but they dont show untill I actually click on a field that they appear. Why would this happen?

• 3. Re: Problems with database after posted to IWP
              mmccarty

The drop down lists don't appear until the record is Open aka you click on them.  I know it sucks, I have a bunch on my database too.  It confuses my user because all they see is a white box and they don't know to click on it.

What I do is add the Open Record/Request script step to the end of my navigation scripts.  That way the drop down list appears when the user gets to the next page.

• 4. Re: Problems with database after posted to IWP
                davidanders

IWP converts a database to Javascript (sometimes dirty javascript)

the spacing on the database entry page can cause elements to be disabled.

If buttons are constructed from multiple graphic elements, they can be disabled.

Using known good IWP databases to learn from, can help avoid frustrations.