AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems with FMP10A and ODBC

Question asked by madeener on Mar 23, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 25, 2009 by madeener

Title

Problems with FMP10A and ODBC

Hello everyone,

I'm new to FMP10A (Windows) and a task delegated to me has left me with a throbbing head. It's regarding the setting up of a ODBC connection to my .fp7 files to use them as sources.

I've followed the instructions laid out in the documentation and help files and also reinstalled both the DataDirect driver (DataDirect 5.5 32-bit Client for ODBC) and FM itself several times. Here is a run down of what I've done:

1. Create simple database file with single table with some nonsense text records.
2. Enable ODBC and limit access to privileged users. Created simple admin account to facilitate access.
3. Go to ODBC Administrator > Set up System DSN as instructed with name, Host: localhost, Port: 2399 and data source as the extensionless name of the file I have in FMP10A (I do not close file nor program)
4. Test Connect.

I always get an error of code -511 and with the description 'Cannot open file(802)' upon testing. Is there a way to get through this? I'll be glad to provide any other details if requested. Thanks for your help.

Note: Information which may help:

. I am using Windows Server 2003 SP2

. I have no internet connection on the computer I'm running.

. The setup I illustrated above runs successfully on Windows XP Home Edition SP3

Outcomes