AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems with Instant Web Publishing

Question asked by CDCASA on Sep 28, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 29, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Problems with Instant Web Publishing

I have multiple databases that I have created and set up to be able to share over IWP, however, I am having some troubles.

First of all, I started with just one database and was able to access it over the web via IWP just fine at first but whenever I close out of the database or out of FileMaker on the computer that it was created on then I cannot access it via the web any longer from the original computer or any others. I assume I am doing something wrong but I am unsure of what. The only thing I can think of as a possible source of the issue is that I don't have certain parameters of IP addresses or URL set up the right way? This may have nothing to do with it so any advice?

Also, now that I have created multiple databases I would like those to be accessible via the same website and this is possible but again, only if I have the particular databases open in FileMaker on my computer.I need to know how to set up my databases so that certain ones can all be a part of one web site without needing to have the databases open on the host computer.

I am using FileMaker Pro Advanced 11 on a Windows 7 operating system.

Thanks!

Outcomes