2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2017 5:56 PM by gofmp15

Problems with labels

trouty

Title

Problems with labels

What I want to do is to search for certain records in one form, once I have the found set with say 25 records, I then want to switch to the Labels form and print labels.  The problem I have is once I switch the from to Labels, it loses the found set of 25 records.  Can anyone help.

Regards

Trouty

• 1. Re: Problems with labels
          philmodjunk

It sounds like your form and labels layouts refer to different table occurrences in Layout Setup...

Each table occurrence has its own current record, found set and sort order.

Either modify your Form layout to refer to the same table occurrence, (A table occurrence is a box on the Relationships Graph in Manage | Database and is listed in the Show Records From drop down.) or perform the search on your labels layout instead of your form layout.

Note that if you redirect your form layout to a different table occurrence, you will also have to redirect each field on the layout as well.

• 2. Re: Problems with labels
            gofmp15

Let's assume this is your script:

Your script:

Go to layout Form (to do the find) in table address

enter find mode pause

... enter your find request

Perform find

Go to layout label in table address

print labels

This would work without the problem described and retained the found set even though you changed layouts.

Both forms would be created for the table address. Just do the layout change in the same script.

I would guess you are do a manual find while looking at the form layout and switching to the label form made in a different table.