AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems with runtime permissions..??

Question asked by AndrewAngell on Feb 1, 2013
Latest reply on Feb 1, 2013 by AndrewAngell

Title

Problems with runtime permissions..??

I've got 2 different solutions I've built in FileMaker that I distribute via FileMaker runtime.  

I've got an installer for Windows that places the runtime solution in C:\Program Files\SolutionName to follow standard software install practice on Windows.  

On Mac, I've used PackageMaker in the past to create an installer (but I've had issues with it as of late so now I just provide a zip file for people) and I sometimes get the same problem, but sometimes not.  Seems to depend on the user's computer and whether or not they're signed in as an admin.

Anyway, the problem is my runtime needs write/modify access to the solution directory in order to make changes like changing the user account password or anything else that may require such permissions.  This causes me to walk my customer through procedures to do that, and it just confuses many of them.

I never had these issues prior to FM 11.  Ever since 11, though, and still in 12, I can't seem to get past this.

Any information on how I could fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.  

Outcomes