4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2009 10:34 AM by philmodjunk

Problems with start up

trkravtin

Title

Problems with start up

I've just upgraded from V8 to V10, and I keep having issues with start up. I have a start up script, and keep getting messages about the files not closing properly and checking for errors. This happens nearly every time I start up. What could be the problem. Very annoying! Thanks for your assistance.

• 1. Re: Problems with start up
          philmodjunk

I've seen one version of filemaker appear to run correctly when it actually contains hidden damage where a newer version detects a problem and starts showing error messages. I'd test the files to see if they may be damaged.

Recover the files. Rename the recovered copies and open the main file. Do you still get error messages? If not, you have your answer, if possible, replace your damaged files with undamaged back up copies.

• 2. Re: Problems with start up
            trkravtin
               Thanks! I will try that. From the very beginning it kept saying that one or more of the databases were damaged, when I never received that message previously. I'll let you know. Best! Teresa
            • 3. Re: Problems with start up
              trkravtin
                 I did try it, recovering the files, and using those, but it is still happening. :( FYI. -- Teresa
              • 4. Re: Problems with start up
                philmodjunk

What version of filemaker are you using?

What messages where displayed by the recover process on each file?

Have you reviewed your start up script and checked each referenced file?

Is there a chance that the script is referring to a different copy of the file than the recovered copy? (Recover changes the name of the recovered copy of the file and you have to rename it back to the original file name and put it in place of the original file or your script will continue to open the original, unrecovered copy of the file.)