1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 30, 2013 11:43 AM by philmodjunk

Procedure price + implant price sum

Rainman

Title

Procedure price + implant price sum

Hi, Can anyone help me with this one. I was trying to do it on diffrent ways but I can't sort it out.

A want to choose a Procedure (defined earlier) from a drop down field and then automatically the price (defined earlier in GLOBAL or other filed) shows for the procedure in Price_Field 1

then I want to choose implants from a drop down list and when i choose  implant - automatically price (defined earlier)  for this implant shows up

and then i can sum it all together

Procedure 1Name_Procedure 1  Procedure1 PricePrice_Field 1 Implants for Procedure 1 Price Implants_Proc1_Price 

Procedure 2 Name_Procedure 2  Procedure1 Price Price_Field 2 Implants for Procedure 2 Price Implants_Proc1_Price 

Procedure 3 Name_Procedure 3  Procedure1 Price Price_Field 3 Implants for Procedure 3 Price Implants_Proc1_Price 

• 1. Re: Procedure price + implant price sum
          philmodjunk

It appears that you are using separate fields within the same record where a table of related records would work better. Both procedures and the associated implants could be separate lineItems records listed in a portal and then the price look up part of this becomes much simpler. The Invoices starter solutions that come with FIleMaker 11 and 12 are examples of that approach.