AnsweredAssumed Answered

Produce A Report Merging records from multiple tables

Question asked by Peakoverload on Oct 27, 2009
Latest reply on Oct 28, 2009 by Peakoverload

Title

Produce A Report Merging records from multiple tables

I think I'm at the final hurdle with my db that records staff performance and training records.

I basically have these tables:

StaffDetails:

Which records the details of a member of staff with fields for:

Name

EmployeeID

Left

Picture

Job

Notes

Training:

Which records details of any training given and to whom it was given to with fields for:

Training

Date

Training ID

Defects:

Which records any errors staff have made on a project with fields for:

Book Title

Book Number

Date

EmployeeID

Defect
Retraining Required

I also have the following relationships:

StaffDetails::EmployeeID = Defects::EmployeeID

StaffDetails::EmployeeID = StaffTraining::EmployeeID

Training::TrainingID = StaffTraining::TrainingID

Everything, I hope is working now as it should. However I need to be able to produce a report where I can select any member of staff and see in chronoligical order any defects records and any training records that apply to them.

For example if Joe Bloggs received training on 1/1/09 (UK date format) on process A, then made a mistake on a project on 1/5/09 which required retraining, training was given on 3/5/09, they then made another mistake on 3/8/09 but this didn't require retraining.

I would see all of this presented as say a list in chronological order and ideally I'd like to also be able to specify a date range as well as being able to select for all time.

I'm not sure what the best way is to achieve this. In playing around I managed to get a report to generate a report of sorts but it didn't sort anything by date order and instead was based on the order of the fields that I had placed on the layout and even then seemed to only display one record from each table.

Any ideas?

Outcomes