2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2010 9:23 AM by TSuki

Program won´t open after webpublishing

CamillaHarrysson

Title

Program won´t open after webpublishing

Hi - I´m desperate - after publishing one of my databases on the web i can no longer use my FileMaker pro 10 advanced for opening ANY file att all.

Every time I try it tells me it can´t publish on the web because there is a conflict of port adress and I get the oppertunity to change port. After that the program shuts down regardless of chosen port and with no possibility for me to disconnect the webpublishing funktion or do anything else. I have reinstalld the program and removed the file with webpublishing but nothing works. Tried to remove some folders and files from the programs folder that seemed to relate to webpublishing - still no change.

I need to use the databases for my work and is now desperate as I said. I have no clue what to do next! 

Greateful for your help!

• 1. Re: Program won´t open after webpublishing
          CamillaHarrysson

More info on the problem!

Forgott to tell you that for several times it worked fine to change port but for some reson I did not manage to close the sessions on teh web properly and my macbook pro went in to overdrive trying to run several sessions of the webpublished file. Så I went in and closed down all processes via Activity monitor. Everything worked after that for several weeks until I closed my laptop in the middle of some work in the database and the next time I opened the program - I couldn´t.

• 2. Re: Program won´t open after webpublishing

Camilla Harrysson:

Thank you for posting.

It sounds as if the publishing is conflicting with other instances of itself. Does the problem stop if you close all FileMaker processes in Activity Monitor or reboot?

You could try to clear out the preference files by removing any com.filemaker files from /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences.

If putting the computer to sleep while the web publishing is running seems to be causing this issue, it may be best to close the databases or the FileMaker Pro application before doing so.

TSuki
            FileMaker, Inc.