2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2008 6:31 AM by TheScarecrow

Progress Bar Display

TheScarecrow

Title

Progress Bar Display

I have a field that is a percentage and I want to be able to display that percentage as a bar of color like green to white based on that percentage.  Is there a way to do this?

• 1. Re: Progress Bar Display
          Orlando

Hi TheScarecrow, and welcome to the forum.

Are you using FileMaker 9? If so you can use Conditional Formatting on a repeating field to give the appearance of a progress bar.

In Define Database, Create a new field called ProgressBar, click 'Options' and click on the 'Storage' tab. Set the 'Maximum number of repetitions:' to 100

Now in Layout Mode, place the field on your layout and double click on it. Under the Repetition options set it to 'Show repetitions:' 1 through 100 and click OK

Still in Layout Mode, click on the ProgreeBar field and go: 'Format > Conditional...'

Click 'Add' to setup a condition and change it to be: "Formula is" and input the following

Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) ≤ TABLE:: Percentage  

And then set the Format option for 'Fill Color:' 

You can also play about with this to show different colours for different percentage ranges, so blue for 1-25%, green for 25-75% and red for 75-100% for example

For this you will need to setup three individual Conditions, as above, on the one field: 

1)  TABLE:: Percentage  ≤ 25 and Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) ≤ TABLE:: Percentage  

2)  ( TABLE:: Percentage  ≥ 25 and TABLE:: Percentage ≤ 75 ) and Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) ≤ TABLE:: Percentage

3)  TABLE:: Percentage  ≤ 75 and Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) ≤ TABLE:: Percentage

I hope this helps and do ask if anything is unclear. 

• 2. Re: Progress Bar Display
            TheScarecrow

Orlando

Thanks that is the soliution. I appreciate your response. Thanks.