AnsweredAssumed Answered

proper scripting for an   IF / Case / IsEmpty  ????  help

Question asked by CStovin on Mar 26, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

proper scripting for an   IF / Case / IsEmpty  ????  help

I have a Text field called,  "all_returned"  which is a drop down value list  with only "YES" as an option.  It also has the auto enter calculation option checked with the scripting :

"YES" ;If (    IsEmpty   ( LINES::return_date ); Get ( CurrentDate )  )          <----- although this doesnt work

What I want is   If  "YES"  gets entered into this field    "all_returned"   it will  Get Current Date and place that into another field called "individual_items_returned_date" , which is in a Line Item Portal ;   

ONLY     if

the "individual_items_returned_date"   field is empty, otherwise leave existing data.

The    "individual_items_returned_date"     field is a pop up calendar date field that can be individually entered as items become returned.        The "all_returned" field allows a global date to be populated into "individual_items_returned_date"  for many items at once, while still allowing that field to operate independently.

Can someone help me with either the script or calculation needed for this ?

I am still learning how to write basic calculations and I seem to keep getting errors saying too many or not enough parameters are needed, and or an operator is required..... etc.  As well as not sure which function to use...

Outcomes