0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2011 11:01 AM by anthonydannunzio

Public/Static IP Address for Instant Web Publishing

anthonydannunzio

Title

Public/Static IP Address for Instant Web Publishing

I volunteer for a small non profit that helps the poor in our area. We all use our own resources. We don't have any servers or anything like that. It appears that FileMaker Pro & instant web publishing meets our needs for 4 or 5 users to access the database. And I can be using the computer for my own work concurrently. So all looks good from a functionality standpoint.

My problem is I want to allow remote data entry into my database. I published it via  Instant Web Publishing and all works fine over my LAN. However, I need  to allow remote access and have been unable to figure out how to let  remote users connect to my computer. It appears that I need a static IP address that is visible in the cloud and tried a few things but they did not work.

BTW, locally all works if I use Port 80 or Port 591 when I set up Instant Web Publishing. My ISP(Verizon FIOS) says I can't do what I want to do(ie: create a static IP address that is visible in the cloud) and I think they are wrong but need help in setting it up.

Does anyone out there have any guidance they can offer.

Thanks,

Tony