2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2009 6:36 PM by PointInSpace

Publishing Filemaker to the web

claddam

Title

Publishing Filemaker to the web

Hi there,

Ok, now my database is finished, I want people to enter in the information online to it.

I need help with this if anyone can help :)

I know how to make it accessible on the network, and I know how to publish it to Instant Web Publishing.

2 things:

* With IWP, how can I get external people on different networks, locations and cities (for example) to connect to it.

* Is it possible to upload the database to the internet, or embed it in a webpage so people can enter in information online?

Any advice? 

• 1. Re: Publishing Filemaker to the web
          philmodjunk

claddam wrote:

Hi there,

2 things:

* With IWP, how can I get external people on different networks, locations and cities (for example) to connect to it.

* Is it possible to upload the database to the internet, or embed it in a webpage so people can enter in information online?

I think this answers both question in one paragraph:

There are any number of companies that can host filemaker files to the web for you. Google "web hosting filemaker" and see what pops up. Your web hosted pages can be set up as editable forms in the web browser, so your users will be able to enter in information on line.

• 2. Re: Publishing Filemaker to the web
            PointInSpace

Have a look at our services:

http://www.pointinspace.com/

We offer everything you need to make your database available on the internet.  Feel free to contact me here or off list at jmay(at)pointinspace.com with any questions you may have.

- John