2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2009 1:47 PM by mtpaper

Publishing static Data

mtpaper

Title

Publishing static Data

Hello - 

I need to learn more about publishing static data.

I know the pdf guide, in the middle of page 17, directs me to visit:

www.filemaker.com/support/technologies for general information on XML and example files

But, when I go there, I see much information, but there are so many options I'm not sure what to read. 

Primarily, I'm trying to find out if the html pages that I generate with FM will be dynamically driven, or sortable.  

Or, are they simply frozen tables of information????

Where can I see some demos of static data that's been published from FM?

Thank you. 

• 1. Re: Publishing static Data
          Jade

Hello,

There should be an example file in your FileMaker Pro Folder/English Extras/Examples/XML Examples.

It's named XML Example.fp7 and has 3 static HTML exports along with the style sheets.

Good Luck! 

• 2. Re: Publishing static Data
            mtpaper

Thank you for replying  and the link for the examples.

But, it seems that is merely a button or script for doing the same thing I already know how to do - ie, I know how to take my file, and Export as HTML...

I'm trying to find out how to create a front end index, or gallery, for a series of pages.

And have the front index and gallery pages created with one click.

For example, using the sample database, I'd like a front screen that says:

info by last name

info by group

info by score

if you click the 'last name' you'll get a report of everyone sorted by last name

if you click the group, you'll get a report of everyone sorted by group

if you click the score, you'll get the info sorted by score

OR, perhaps this alternative:

front screen asks what group you want

you pick RED, and can get to a list of folks in the red group

Clicking on any of their names, will take you to their name, in a list of everyone sorted by name.

In other words, I want the info to be clickable from field to field.

But I don't know what the 'official name' of this is, so I'm asking for it like a 2-year old.

Thank you!