AnsweredAssumed Answered

Pull specific values from a related table to a column in a report

Question asked by Brackintosh on Nov 6, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 7, 2011 by Brackintosh

Title

Pull specific values from a related table to a column in a report

I'm sure this has been asked many times before, but I was unable to find the right keywords to get an answer. I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a Project table that has related join table that matches up employees with the role that they're performing for that Project. Something like this:

Projects  ------- TeamRole ------- Employees

There is a Role field in the TeamRole table and the information is displayed and entered from a portal on the project screen. Now i've been asked to produce a report that lists some roles as a column in a list report. So I need to be able ro report on a project and have the employees that are Project Manager, Developer, Interactive Designer and Quality Assurance for that project appear in a column on the report. Like this:

Project Name   Description   Date Started    Project Manager    Deveoper   Interactive Designer   QA

How is the best way to do this? I was able to put a filtered portal in the row and see the team members on the report that way. But it doesn't feel like it is the proper way to do this. I would rather be able to have a calculated field or a relationship on the graph that will let me "grab" the actual value. I'm sure I'll be needing to use the information later on as development continues.

Thanks for any help.

Outcomes