4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2014 12:12 PM by AndrewJudd

Pulling foundset of container fields

AndrewJudd

Title

Pulling foundset of container fields

Hi, how can I pull a foundset of containers fields into one layout.

I am trying to pull images of artworks in a database over several records into an invoice layout view. Obviously you can't use a summary field to show / list images so what is the best way to do this? If it is portal based it would be great to get some details on how this works?

thanks!

• 1. Re: Pulling foundset of container fields
          philmodjunk

How are your tables set up for invoicing? Do you have this typical set of related records?

Customers----<Invoices-----<LineItems>-----Inventory

• 2. Re: Pulling foundset of container fields
            AndrewJudd

currently everything is under one table, i just switch layouts when i want to generate an invoice for a record, or a foundset of records. Should i have several tables all with relationships?

• 3. Re: Pulling foundset of container fields
              philmodjunk

I don't see how what you are doing is possible all in one table. What you describe sounds like you already have two tables but maybe I am misunderstanding your original post. Whether or not you need a customers table a invoice table with one record for each sales transaction a line items table to list each item sold in a sales transaction (your set of pictures you want to "pull") and an inventory table where you list each picture for sale in its own record would seem the minimum tables you need to make this work.

• 4. Re: Pulling foundset of container fields
                AndrewJudd

Thanks. I already have the records of inventory set up (the main database of artworks). I have now set up a table just for invoices.

For my purposes I have also set up a table of "clients".

How do I go about flagging a series of artworks in the main inventory and then changing the layout to the invoice table and importing these flagged records from my other table into the invoice table?

thanks!