AnsweredAssumed Answered

Purchase decision.

Question asked by SteveVosper on Apr 27, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 29, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Purchase decision.

Hi all..

I've been trialling FM13 and have almost made up my mind to purchase - I just wanted to make absolutely sure that the
     finished product will provide everything I need, so would welcome any confirmations, corrections or comments to the following:

1 - FM Pro Advanced - will produce a Runtime version of my application which will be installed on a users computer- this user
     does not need to have FM installed. 

2 - If the user sets up their own peer-to-peer or VPN and downloads Filemaker Go, then they can access & update their database 
     files via iPhone or iPad. (Would welcome any advise on the network setups)

3 - I found this on a Knowledge Base entry (http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5432) from 2011:

"FileMaker Pro database files are cross-platform compatible. The FileMaker Developer Utilities for Mac OS X and Windows are each
     platform specific, and each creates a runtime database for that platform only.
     So the actual runtime database must be created on the platform on which it is intended to be run"

I assume that this last point is no longer the case ?

4 - Neither I nor my users need to purchase any additional software in order to do any of the above..

With thanks in advance, 
     Steve

Outcomes