4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2009 1:04 PM by WillGonz

Purchase Order for Items needing restock.

WillGonz

Title

Purchase Order for Items needing restock.

So I created an Office Supply inventory database.  As items go below a minimum level it triggers a reorder flag.  The person responsible for purchasing items simply goes to the Purchase Order Layout and a purchase order is automatically created.  It works wonderfully.  Except I if I have more than 20 items for example the printout splits the order across 3 pages.  It then duplicates the Subtotal,Tax,Shipping,Balance Due section across all the 3 pages.  The Subtotals,Tax,Shipping, and Balance Due sections are in the Footer.

I really want it to calculate just the items on the page.  I tried setting it to page break every 10 items but I still get my totals for all 20 items on each page.  

Any ideas?

Thanks,

WillGonz 

• 1. Re: Purchase Order for Items needing restock.
          TSGal

WillGonz:

Thank you for your post.

Objects/Fields in the Footer part will display at the bottom of every page.  If you want the information to display at the end, then put the information in a Trailing Grand Summary.  This prints out once at the end of all records.

If you want different totals for each page, then create a subsummary part and make sure no more than 10 records print on each page.  You can create a script that updates a field to group by every ten records, and then sort on that field.  For example, assuming "Temp" is a temporary field for sorting.

Set Variable [ $largecounter ; 1 ]

Set Variable [ $smallcounter ; 1 ] 

Go to Record/Request/Page [ First ]

Loop

Set Field [ Temp ; $largecounter ]

If [ $smallcounter = "10" ]

Set Variable [ $smallcounter ; 1 ]

Set Variable [ $largecounter ; $largecounter + 1 ]

Else

Set Variable [ $smallcounter ; $smallcounter + 1 ]

End If

Go to Record/Request/Page [ Next ; Exit after last ]

End Loop

Sort Records [ Temp ascending ]

Print

============

This will group every 10 records together, sort by the Temp field, and have a Sub-summary when sorted by Temp.

If you need clarification for any of the above steps, please let me know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Purchase Order for Items needing restock.
            WillGonz

Thanks for your solution.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Purchase Order for Items needing restock.
              WillGonz

I have totals going along the bottom for Subtotal,Tax,Shipping.  My subtotal is created by Adding a Field that is Summary Type.  It is = Total of QtyOrderedTotalPrice fields. That part works perfectly.  But then I do the tax by creating a new Field Calculation SubtotalPO*).087)) which works but is not calculating for each group.  I just noticed the Balance Due is also totaling for all items throughout the whole find instead of per page.

How do I tell the Tax to do it by the group instead of all items found?

Thanks,

William 

• 4. Re: Purchase Order for Items needing restock.
                WillGonz

I think I figured it out.  Here is what I did.

I changed all the Subtotal,Tax,Shipping, Misc, and Balance Due fields. To use Sorted by Group where required.  This makes it work perfectly.

Thanks for your help.

William