2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2009 6:43 AM by TSGal

Purchase Order Pricing affected by applying a Discount AND  different prices.

sugarking

Title

Purchase Order Pricing affected by applying a Discount AND  different prices.

Hi, I have a situtation that has kept me from not being able to apply a "discount strategy " in the pricing of items to the public  Each day clients are ready to order , and depending on the discount assigned the price changes and the receipt is produced.

Here is the explanation

Table 1 

Stockid description baseprice and publicprice

table 2 

discounttype, typeof shipment ( can be local or nationa )

table 3

discount type           discount

1                              .25

2                              .28

3                              .30

table 4

type of shipment      percent

1                          3%

2                          9%

how am i able to created a result based on the discount chosen, the  typeofthipment.

1)  Usually what happens is that the price is assigned to the order depeding on the price set on table 1. 2)    therefore, based upon typeofshipment and discounttype and stockid  the product is given a discount type and the final price in the purchase order is recalculated giving a new final price. therefore, table 2 and table 1 must be related (??) so that i can assign a combination and then be able to use formulas to multiply,etc. ???? i thought that i wouldneed the following  table 5 
      stockid  discountype typofshipment baseprice  2323      1                 1                   120
      2323      2                 2                    120 
      2123       1                2                    120 >question, would i need to do the same  format and repat this item by item ? i hope not  thank i hope you can bring me out of the forest thanks.... thanks.

• 1. Re: Purchase Order Pricing affected by applying a Discount AND  different prices.
          sugarking

what seems complicated to me is that i would need to assing each item, a discountype and typeofshipment.

thuis,

stockid            discountype         typeofshipment

2323                    1                         1

2323                    1                         2

2323                    2                         1

2323                    2                         2

therefore, this would create a final price based upon the discounttype, the baseprice (coming from another table), the type fo shipment ( local or national ).

i hope this explanation is clear.

I dont know how to make the program be abe to look and pick the right item with the right set fo conditions. (for the final price)

thanks

Francisco

• 2. Re: Purchase Order Pricing affected by applying a Discount AND  different prices.
            TSGal

sugarking:

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you may want to put each possible discounttype and typeofshipment in a separate table.  This way, the information could be looked up directly instead of having to calculate each possibility.

In your transaction table, include the discounttype and typeofshipment fields.  The relationship into your lookup file would be based upon stockid, discounttype and typeofshipment, or you could set up a lookup into stockid and discounttype, along with lookup into a second table occurrence based upon stockid and typeofshipment.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.