AnsweredAssumed Answered

Purchase Order Pricing affected by applying a Discount AND  different prices.

Question asked by sugarking on Aug 1, 2009
Latest reply on Aug 3, 2009 by TSGal

Title

Purchase Order Pricing affected by applying a Discount AND  different prices.

Hi, I have a situtation that has kept me from not being able to apply a "discount strategy " in the pricing of items to the public  Each day clients are ready to order , and depending on the discount assigned the price changes and the receipt is produced.

Here is the explanation

Table 1 

Stockid description baseprice and publicprice

table 2 

discounttype, typeof shipment ( can be local or nationa )

table 3

discount type           discount

1                              .25

2                              .28

3                              .30

table 4

type of shipment      percent

1                          3%

2                          9%

how am i able to created a result based on the discount chosen, the  typeofthipment.

1)  Usually what happens is that the price is assigned to the order depeding on the price set on table 1. 2)    therefore, based upon typeofshipment and discounttype and stockid  the product is given a discount type and the final price in the purchase order is recalculated giving a new final price. therefore, table 2 and table 1 must be related (??) so that i can assign a combination and then be able to use formulas to multiply,etc. ???? i thought that i wouldneed the following  table 5 
stockid  discountype typofshipment baseprice  2323      1                 1                   120
2323      2                 2                    120 
2123       1                2                    120 >question, would i need to do the same  format and repat this item by item ? i hope not  thank i hope you can bring me out of the forest thanks.... thanks.

Outcomes