AnsweredAssumed Answered

Q: possible to have two sets of tab orders?

Question asked by ScottAR on Apr 30, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 30, 2014 by WBSimon

Title

Q: possible to have two sets of tab orders?

I have a database with just under a couple of dozen fields within each record.

In its current form, only four fields are included in the Tab Order--about a third of the fields are calculated or otherwise don't use keyboard entry so I wouldn't tab to them anyway, and the rest are only used in particular instances.

However, there are another three fields that I do enter text into with some regularity; when I do so, it's usually in all three.

What I'd like to be able to do is to have two independent sets of Tab Orders--that is, if I'm editing any of the four fields that currently have a Tab Order set, then tabbing switches between the four. If, however, I click into one of the three fields that I periodically need to edit (but don't currently have a Tab Order) then tabbing switches between those three only, until I click back to a different field.

I suspect this is impossible (at least, I don't see how in FM 11, which I currently use), but I thought I'd check, as well as see if there are any esoteric options.

Outcomes