AnsweredAssumed Answered

Querying for a drop down list

Question asked by ShadowRider on Dec 14, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Querying for a drop down list

Hi gang,

I have managed to get my first issue resolved, please reffer to my previous thread. I would like to thank everyone for all of the helpful solutions however; I'm faced with another issue. The form that I have created for this customer is strictly for entering tank data from the oil field. When I enter a customer's name into the name field; I need the tank numbers to appear in my drop down list for that customer. I have a feeling I am going to have to right a script for this one. Please reffer to the image I have attached to this post. Here is what I need this form to do spacifically:

1. I have typed in "Lena Simpson" in the customer name field/

2. I know that Lena has two tanks to collect data from, both tanks are litterally named "01" and "02"

3. In my drop down list for tank number I need "01" and "02" to appear in the drop down list.

Here is what I need a script for I think. When I enter a customer's name, I need the tank numbers for that customer to automatically appear in my drop down list for the tank number. Here is another example:

1. I enter "Joe R. Payne" in the customer name field.

2. Joe has three tank numbers "38862" "38863" and "43295"

3. I need the tank number drop down list to appear with these three tank numbers when I enter this customer's name; not "01" "02" from Lena Simpson, as well as the numbers for Joe's tank numbers.

Thanks for any suggestions

image.JPG

Outcomes