1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 19, 2012 1:06 PM by philmodjunk

question about a record count

AaronRoss

Title

question about a record count

Hey, I have a pretty simple question i cant seem to find the answer to.

I have a table that has 650 records in it. I created a script the finds all the records in the this table matching a given date entered. I then go through all the records and double check all the info and hit a button called confirm that sends the record to another table i use for spreadsheets and reports.

My question is, lets say i have 650 records total but i have 40 that needs to be confimed today. is there a get function that will get the number of records in my search ie: 40? so when i reach the 40th record instead of me pressing "confirm" over and over again once the record i am on reaches 40 it will automatically show a custom messege that tells me ive reached 40th records and i need to stop? ive tried all of the get record functions but, unless i am missing something nothing seems to work.

• 1. Re: question about a record count
          philmodjunk

lets say i have 650 records total but i have 40 that needs to be confimed today.

Can you perform a find that pulls up only those 40? (What tells you that these 40 are the 40 that need to be confirmed today?)

That said, OnRecordLoad is a script trigger that will be tripped each time you change the focus to the next record. It could be used to perform a script with Get ( RecordNumber ) to determine that you are on record 40 in your found set.

and hit a button called confirm that sends the record to another table i use for spreadsheets and reports.

I't very possible that you do not need to "send the records to another table". You could easiily generate your reports and table views of this data while keeping it in the same table. A status field can identifies whether or not the record has been confirmed and your other layouts can perform finds that specify only confirmed records to omit records not yet confirmed.