5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2012 4:17 PM by philmodjunk

Question about Filtering

AaronRoss

Title

Question about Filtering

I have a field called COMPANY. i need a calculation that will filter out everything but letters, numbers and possibly the symbol "&"

• 1. Re: Question about Filtering
          philmodjunk

Filter ( Company ; "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ" & Lower ("ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ") & 9876543210 & "&" )

You can just use "abc..." instead of Lower ( "ABC...", but doing it like this saved me time typing it out.

• 2. Re: Question about Filtering
            AaronRoss

The only problom with that script is once i type text into the COMPANY Field it pushes everything together into one word. ex: i type in JOHN DOE INC. it returns JOHNDOEINC.

is there a way to include spaces also?

• 3. Re: Question about Filtering
              philmodjunk

Just include the space character in one of the quoted strings.

• 4. Re: Question about Filtering
                AaronRoss

ok and one last question and i dont know if anyone can help me with this but i have another field called TIME. the problem is my reps keep typing in the wrong time format and its causing me to spend a lot of time correcting it on my side. it is soppose to look like this: 3:00pm or 10:30am. is there a calulation that will help me out? maybe one that will auto correct the time on their end? example: they enter 1.00 when its suppose to look like 1:00pm. or they enter 200 pm when its suppose to look like 2:00pm? is their a calulation that will help me?

• 5. Re: Question about Filtering
                  philmodjunk

If this were defined as a field of type time, it will reject invalid time formats at the time they enter the time--forcing them to correct it. THis should do the job unless they are entering valid formats but incorrect time such as entering 3:00 when they should enter 3:00 pm--resulting in an entered time equivalent to 3:00 am.

Then you can use data formatting to format the entered time to any number of different time formats.