1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 31, 2011 12:32 PM by philmodjunk

Question about omitting records

TonyTrevisonno

Title

Question about omitting records

Here’s the setup:  I’ve got a simple file with thousands of records in a list view. I have a self-joining relationship that finds related records in the list based on one field. The user clicks a button that says ‘go to related records’ and the list changes to show the related records.

Here’s the question: Is there a way to omit records from the resulting list that have a common value in one of the fields.

Here’s the example: The user is browsing through the list and clicks the ‘go to related records’ button. The resulting list has 20 records. Four of the 20 records have a project status of ‘cancelled’. I want the user to click a button that says something like “omit cancelled records” to remove the 4 records from the list. How??

Thanks very much for any suggestions.

TT

• 1. Re: Question about omitting records
          philmodjunk

Enter Find mode[] //clear the pause check box
          Set Field [Yourtable::yourField ; //put criteria that will not match "canceled" but will match the other records here]
          Constrain found set[]

If this field is empty unless "Cancelec" was entered, you can enter "=" here to constrain the found set to records where this field is empty.

If it has a status of "active" specify that criteria

or anything else that matches this approach.