7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2008 6:45 AM by Sorbsbuster

Question about usiing more records.

AndreasvanHaren

Title

Question about usiing more records.

I have more records in my project. At the moment, all of them are showing in one long page. Is it possible to show only one at a time on a page?

André

• 1. Re: Question about usiing more records.
          Orlando

Hi Andre

Sounds like you are viewing you layout in List View, chang it to Form view, 'View > View as Form' or if this is no available then go into layout mode and select 'Layouts > Layout Setup...' and the 'Views' and make sure Form View is checked.

You can set up your database to have two layouts, one in List and one in Form. The list just having one single row of data and a button to take you to the Form layout to view more details. 

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: Question about usiing more records.
            AndreasvanHaren

Perfect! Thanks, Orlando for your help.

Andreas

• 3. Re: Question about usiing more records.
              AndreasvanHaren

Although...

now my header is scrolling as well, I would like to have my header visibale all the time as it did in list view. Is this possible and have only one record showing at te time?

• 4. Re: Question about usiing more records.
                Orlando
                   Your options here would be to either go back to the List View on you layout setup but control access to records with scripts so only one record is ever displayed at a time, or use Tab panels to help condensing your layout to your screen size to stop scrolling.
                • 5. Re: Question about usiing more records.
                  Sorbsbuster

What about, in layout mode on the 'Form' layout, pulling down the 'Body' line so it fills down to the bottom of the screen.  Then the header will stay, and the screen will look as if one record fills the screen.  Then, as you use the scroll bar, the records will scroll, but the header information will stay put.

It is *not* the most elegant of solutions, but, technically, it is what you asked for, I think...

Alan.

• 6. Re: Question about usiing more records.
                    AndreasvanHaren
                       I tried what you said, but this doesn't work. And in Layout mode, I cannot use my database to fill in. When I use the forms for filling in, I am always in browse mode. I asume this is the correct way of doing this, right?
                    • 7. Re: Question about usiing more records.
                      Sorbsbuster

I have tried this here, and it seems to work perfectly.  Maybe I am not understanding what you are trying to do.  What it achieves is:

- A header section at the top of the screen that always stays the same.

- A 'body' section that even in 'List' view displays one record at a time.

- When you scroll down through the records the header stays displayed and the records change.

An (even easier) way, actually, is to stay in 'Form' view, have the 'header' section showing what you want, the 'body' section showing the details of the record, and then use the 'Rolladex' tool in the top left of the Status Bar to cycle through the records.Exactly the same effectof having a static header and one record per screen will be achieved.

(Note that is you have any fields in the header and you are in 'List' view the data displayed will be from the first record.)

As this is so easy to do, I have to assume that I have mis-interpreted what you are asking.  When you say 'this doesn't work', what actually happens instead of it 'working'?

Alan.