1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 25, 2013 8:46 PM by philmodjunk

Question concerning emailing and printing pdf files from enhanced container field

danlee

Title

Question concerning emailing and printing pdf files from enhanced container field

I have an enhanced container filed that has a pdf.  How can I set up a script  for me to print that pdf?  If I right click inside the container field it gives me the option to print that pdf.  But of course if I go to File and Print it only prints the layout.  

Also, this is just for future reference, could an email be automatically sent each month from each user who created an account in the database?  I will have around 40 users utilizing the database with their own username/password setup.  I would like to have a report sent out to their clients automatically each month but under their email address.  

• 1. Re: Question concerning emailing and printing pdf files from enhanced container field
          philmodjunk

I know of now way to automatically print that PDF stored in the container field with just FileMaker. Never know what capability might be added via a system script or Plug in though.

Scripts can be scheduled to run each time a file is opened or on a specified schedule from FileMaker Server or via a system scheduler that opens a "robot" FileMaker file that in turn, performs a script in your main file.

These scripts can includes steps that create and email PDF's, and can attach emails stored in containers.