1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2014 6:05 AM by philmodjunk

Question on How to have 2 tables share a common Address

FeldyNYC

Title

Question on How to have 2 tables share a common Address

I have a Client Table and a Gallery Table.  I also have an Address Table.  How would I have the 2 tables Clients and Galleries share an address if they are one in the same from time to time?  Please advise.  I am sure it is simple.  I have a fourth table that I was using for Gallery address, but will use one address table for Clients and Galleries.  Any help appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Question on How to have 2 tables share a common Address
          philmodjunk

Define a primary key field in the table of Addresses such as an auto-entered serial number in a number field or Get ( UUID ) in a text field. Link records in your address field to a corresponding match field in the client and gallery tables. Your relationship graph structure may require that you use different table occurrences of this one address table. When the need arises to select an address for a given Client or Gallery, you can format the table's match field as a drop down list or pop up menu of addresses or use more sophisticated methods for finding and selecting an existing address record.