4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2013 7:10 PM by SteveKeiser

Question on prior post about calculation field

SteveKeiser

Title

Question on prior post about calculation field

Define constActive as a calculation field that always returns the value that you enter/select for Equipment::Status to mark that record as "active".

How do I do this? For instance, if the value entered to indicate "active" status is "1", how do I create a calculation field that always returns "1"?

• 1. Re: Question on prior post about calculation field
          philmodjunk

To keep follow up questions in context, use Post A Answer to post it to the thread where the initial question was asked unless the date of the initial post indicates that it is more than three months old, then you should start a new thread like this but include a link to the original thread so that we can find and read the original posts to make sure that we understand the question.

1.           Go to manage | Database | Fields.
          3.           Select the table where you want to add this field from the tables drop down.
          5.           Enter constActive into the field name box, select Calculation from the type drop down and click Create.
          7.           Enter the following text exactly:
          9.           1
          11.           Select Number from the result type drop down.
          13.           Click OK
          • 2. Re: Question on prior post about calculation field
            SteveKeiser

I thought the date was too old, so the three month guideline will help in the future. Also, I couldn't figure out how to put in a link to the previous post. I am guessing I use the "Permalink" function, but it did not result in ability to past a link like I expected.

• 3. Re: Question on prior post about calculation field
              philmodjunk

Just copy and paste the text from the URL box at the top of your Browser window when you have the link open. If you click the chain tool on the left hadn end of the Post A Answer tool bar, you get a dialog where you can paste that copied text and the result is a clickable link. You can also right click a link such as "permalink" to get a pop up menu where one of the options will be worded something similar to "copy link location" that you can use to copy the address within the hyper link.

Permalink can be copied in that way. The resulting link is to the specific comment where you copied that link, so if you copy from that link on page 3 of a 3 page thread, the link is to that third page, not the first page.

• 4. Re: Question on prior post about calculation field
                SteveKeiser

Okay--thanks so much.