3 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2011 11:59 AM by philmodjunk

Question on Split Layouts and Saving Pre-Defined Searches as Views?

fredmckinnon

Title

Question on Split Layouts and Saving Pre-Defined Searches as Views?

Hey Gang,

Couple of questions:

#1.  See attached screenshot - is it possible to have a "spit view" like the screenshot attached - where we have our form entry stuff on the bottom, but at the top, we can see the rows of previously entered records?

like:

row 1 data
      row 2 data
      row 3 data

---------------------

New Record Form Fields ...

Question #2:

Can I create a "view" based on an intricate search?  for example, let's say I create a search that says:
      Show all sales from x marketplace and y vendor that occurred within past 7 days. 

I know how to keep fine-tuning the search to see those records, but then, I'd like to save those search results as a layout/view that I can instantly view.  Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Fred

Screen_shot_2011-04-17_at_5.39.38_PM.png

• 1. Re: Question on Split Layouts and Saving Pre-Defined Searches as Views?
          LaRetta_1

Put your fields in list view (turn off entry to the fields in the list view if you wish) and put the fields again in an enlarged Footer at the bottom.  Nothing says a footer can't be half a page.  Each record you select in the list will be displayed in the Footer.  You could also use a portal for your 'list' also but it would not work nearly as well.

• 2. Re: Question on Split Layouts and Saving Pre-Defined Searches as Views?
            fredmckinnon

Thanks - this worked out pretty well.

How about Quesiton #2:

New Record Form Fields ...

Question #2:

Can I create a "view" based on an intricate search?  for example, let's say I create a search that says:
            Show all sales from x marketplace and y vendor that occurred within past 7 days. 

I know how to keep fine-tuning the search to see those records, but  then, I'd like to save those search results as a layout/view that I can  instantly view.  Is this possible?

• 3. Re: Question on Split Layouts and Saving Pre-Defined Searches as Views?
              philmodjunk

What you describe can be done by:

1. Entring find mode:
              2. selecting/entering criteria in the marketplace field,
              3. entering > 4/24/2011  in the date field  (If today is 5/2/2011)
              4. and performing the find.

This can also be scripted. We often make the process simpler by using global fields for the user to enter criteria and then the script computes the actual criteria and uses them to peform the find. That can make things a bit more user friendly so that the user doesn't have to use operators such as < when setting up the criteria.