3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2012 4:41 PM by philmodjunk

Question Over Charts In FileMaker Pro

BrandonLipman

Title

Question Over Charts In FileMaker Pro

I am trying to display a Bar Chart comparing the dollar amounts entered by user in the Fields "Advertising Budget" and "Average Sales Volume".  It would also be great if the chart were live or automatically updated after entering the data. I would greatly appreciate some help on this. Thanks in advance.

Screen_Shot_2012-10-30_at_4.20.37_PM.png

• 1. Re: Question Over Charts In FileMaker Pro
          philmodjunk

Since I don't own a copy of "starting point", you'll need to tell me where that data exists. In the same table on which this layout is based or a related table?

More questions:

Do you want two bars in your chart, one for "Advertising Budget" and one for "Average Sales Volume"?

Are these values from a single record or totals/averages from a group of records?

• 2. Re: Question Over Charts In FileMaker Pro
            BrandonLipman

Thank you for responding so quickly.

"Starting Point" is free the link is underneith:

http://www.fmstartingpoint.com

I am using the FileMaker 11 Pro version

I am new to filemaker so I will try to answer your questions the best I can. I added the fields under "Business Profile" (I am custimizing the original solution so it can track more of what I wanted. I am Including a Screenshot of my relationships. Let me know is this answers your question.

I want two bars in the chart one for "Advertising Budget" and one for "Average Sales Volume"

When it comes to where these values come from I think they would be from a group of records. To explain further I want there to be this chart everytime I create a new record but with the data that pertains to that record. For example, If the account is "Johns Italian Food" I want to be able to enter the amout of Sales in dollars in a feild or edit box and then the amount budgeted on advertising. This data should then be represented on teh chart.

If you need me to explain further or have questions you can call my phone number (513)442-8088. 

Hope I answered some of your questions.

• 3. Re: Question Over Charts In FileMaker Pro
              philmodjunk

If I understand correctly, you've added two field to a table named "business profile" yet I do not see any table occurrence in your uploaded screen shot that refers to such a table.

And you have a contradiction in what you posted:

I want to be able to enter the amout of Sales in dollars in a feild or edit box and then the amount budgeted on advertising.

When it comes to where these values come from I think they would be from a group of records. To explain further I want there to be this chart everytime I create a new record but with the data that pertains to that record.

If the data comes from a group of records, you won't be entering that value into a field. You might very well enter the budget amount, but then rely on a summary calculation to compute the total sales or perhaps the total sales for a specified period of time.